Finding a job During Corona Virus
Without a doubt, everyone has seen how Covid 19 has affected the global economy worldwide! South Africa is no different & all of us are feeling the “pinch” from hours being cut, retrenchments taking place, restructuring & personnel levels changing all around us every day, below are some pointers for those who are trying to get back into the saddle again
How do we stand out from the crowd in these times & what can we do?
- Make sure you working the network of people around you (does everyone know you back in the market for work)?
- Be ready for a REMOTE INTERVIEW… probably one of the most important at this stage as most companies are still interviewing / engaging via Zoom & Teams
- CV clarity & relevant experience on the role you applying for is a huge bonus (customize your CV in line with each job application)
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date, accurate & professional (up to date professional photo)
- Don’t be scared to try new things (expand the types of jobs you’re interested in)
- Don’t be fixated on chasing roles with huge titles in these times, most important thing to do is get back into the market & develop from there, one step at a time
- Consider temporary roles which may be at your disposal
- Remember to always follow up